Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Moving & changing

I found this magazine clipping of Audrey (as a real fan, I feel I can be on a first name basis) in an old travel journal in between a couple of old books that was collecting dust. I can really relate to this picture now in more ways than one. I traveled once with my cat Baci and I (we) never came back! Life is about changes and leaving things behind and that is real difficult for me since I get sentimental about my old stuff. It's one thing to leave things behind but another when you loose things. It's been happening to me a lot lately. I lost a handmade scarf my mom made (at the SFMOMA - I don't ever want to go back there!) and I just lost a ring that belonged to my mom as well. When I check out vintage shops, I try to look for things I have left behind or things I have lost. That's probably why I love San Francisco so much, because I keep finding things that belonged to my past. What a rush! It helps me forget (and forgive?) my city by The Bay for my cherished lost items. Amongst my «keepers» I have my dad's bus pass from 1932-1933, my hospital nursery card (with my foot print!), a tiny silver Buddha purchased at a rummage sale. But I have to say, my MOST significant keeper is a Betty Boop pen. When you hold it upside down, she slips back into her ink bottle! In tiny print on that pen is says: Betty's Shop, San Francisco, California and I thought waaaaay back then when I bought it: This must be a very special city for having a shop dedicated to my favorite cartoon character... (à suivre!)

No comments:

Post a Comment